Monday, March 5, 2012

Fresh,real and personal......

Ever sat on a porch waiting for a loved one to return?Ever traveled several miles just to see a twinkle in those bright eyes?Ever made a fool of yourself just to hear that crackle of laughter? Ever imagined yourself dancing even when you know you have two left foot :P ?
We change ourselves so much to include our loved ones.When we are with them our life gets real.Be it your cute little kid with her newly grown pony tail or your toothless yet smiling grandma.Being in love is a real as it gets.
After a tiring day all I ache for is my mothers lap to lie down while she gently combs my hair with her frail fingers.Some memories remain fresh with you even when years pass by.
I remember running behind my school bus with my grandfather carrying my heavy backpack.I remember how embarrassed I used to get when he used to call behind the bus conductor yelling and shouting at him from a long distance...Oh how I wished I had got up a bit early or at least avoided sleeping while brushing :P...
I still remember swearing at my sister as if she was my eternal enemy and later apologizing over a chocolate :P
I also have faint memories when as a small kid I slept over my dad's tummy moving up and down in sync with his breathing :P....I remember crying for a barbie doll until I got one...
I remember chatting late till night with my dear friends, watching pointlessly stupid movies with them and still having fun :P ....I remember playing football behind the warden's room in my first year :P.I was even caught once ;).....I remember running madly in the rain and dancing with my roomie :D ..I remember badminton in rain..I remember those birthday parties where I made sure the Bday girl's face was not spared of cake even a bit ;) ...I remember those feasts we cooked in our rooms....Those new year dance parties :D and all those laughs and smiles, those jokes and teasers....
I remember quite a lot ... and these memories make me real...Cause they are fixed with a glue called love, a thread called affection and beads of fun and frolic :) ...This nature's best gift to us : our fellow people :)




2 comments:

  1. wo jo!!... u really made me think of so many many things. really miss those days:-( but, its great..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @archie: thank you dear... I have some great memories with u :):D........

    ReplyDelete